Thursday, May 01, 2008

HIATUS: THE PUB SIGN RAISING

A couple of months worth of hard work later and the pub sign was ready to go up! When all was said and done, the 6' by 8' sign easily weighed over 300 lbs. It didn't help that the location of the brackets on the side of the building are a good 8' off the ground. A scruffy bunch of us met early on a Saturday in the hopes that we could all figure out a way to raise this monster.



Though is seemed nearly impossible at the time, five men, four ladders, and a rope was all it took. A few curse words later and the signs was up.

The lifting crew: Tom, John (Corina's dad), Chuck, Rich, and myself.

An exciting moment for me. Partially because of the finished product and partially because the product was finished. I was ready to get back to may cigar work. I had been ready. I couldn't of thought of a better way to spend and finish off my hiatus.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

That looks really great. All the pieces you did for the pub look amazing as is usual with your work. Is that pub located in Asheville? I'll have to make a point of stopping in next time I am up that way.

BTW, I wanted to say thanks again for the donation for my ride. I really appreciate it. I look forward to your next cigar band project.

-Matt
Matt's Cigar Journal