Tuesday, November 20, 2007

HIATUS: A GIFT FOR THE NIECE

This work is the beginning of a slightly long term hiatus I have taken from cigar related work. Don't worry...I'll be returning to it shortly.

My sister Jamie was due to have a baby in January of 2007, so as a Christmas gift for her and her husband Brian, I created a carving for her soon-to-be-born daughter. Luckily Jamie and Bri picked her name beforehand, which gave me a chance to use it for the gift. Her initials were going to be KEB (I think the spelling of Kaelyn was still up for debate, but I knew the initials thank the lord).
The design didn't take too long to come up with, but the sizing and placement of the letters did take a while. I usually forget to take pictures in the midst of drawing and carving, this is a rarity.
The carving wasn't too difficult, however the beading on the "B" did take a while. All in all I was very happy with the outcome of this piece.


Check out the next post on this piece to see it painted.

No comments: